A conversation with a modern-day sailing legend
In this fascinating one-hour episode - Skip Novak will reminisce - from growing up in the Midwest - to becoming one of the most respected experts in high latitude expeditions.
What Do You Want to Learn From Skip?
- What it was like navigating a racing boat through icebergs in the southern ocean in the days before GPS and satellite communications
- His experiences sailing with famed musician – Simon LeBon of Duran Duran
- Putting together a maxi Whitbread program from the Soviet Union – just as the walls came crashing down
- What it takes to stay safe and warm sailing 600 miles across Drake Passage from Cape Horn to Antarctica?
- How to manage a sailing team in extreme conditions
- Skip’s philosophy of boat rigging, set up and operation for extreme high latitude waters
- What color is the best iceberg ice is for your drink
- What it is like to live on a sailboat with your young kids in Antarctica for a full season filming a BBC special on the Penguin Post Office
- How you can sail with Skip on one of his extreme charters
- 30 days unlimited access to this webinar
- A 60-minute video presentation by Peter Isler feature special guest Skip Novak
- Downloadable PDF containing the Q&A from the live session and also a reading list containing some great books about Antartica.
- Regular Price - $15
- ASA Member Price - $10
33% ASA Member Discount
ASA Members in good standing can save 33% on this webinar. Simply lookup the promo code on the Member Benefits page inside the ASA Member Portal and apply it by clicking "Add Coupon" checkout.
If you're not an ASA member then...
Note: This course is based on a LIVE webinar hosted by Peter Isler in April of 2020.
Peter Isler is 2x America’s Cup winner, former ESPN commentator and a best selling author. He is a co-founder of the ASA and is the chairman of ASA's Educational Committee. A lifelong teacher, Peter loves sharing his broad knowledge about the sport. His world class sailing experiences around the world have made him an expert on many topics.