Upwind Sail Trim
Learn the fundamental forces behind upwind sailing as well as nuances of trim to optimize upwind performance.
Sailing efficiently upwind - against the force that drives us - is a marvel of modern design. This North U Sail Trim course provides a fundamental understanding of the forces behind upwind sailing as well as nuances of trim to optimize upwind performance.
Upwind topics include mainsail and jib trim, helming, and a special Trim Solutions section to solve the most baffling problems in upwind performance. The Trim curriculum shows how angle of attack, depth, and twist combine to control upwind power, and how to change trim to improve performance. The interactive Sail Trim Simulator allows you to see how changes in sail controls change sail shape and performance, while video clips show real life trim and performance technique.
Topics covered in this course:
- Theory in Brief
- Sail Power
- Angle of Attack, Depth, Twist
- Total Power
- Mix of Power
- Sail Controls
- Genoa Trim
- Mainsail Trim
- Light Air Trim
- Moderate Air Trim
- Heavy Air Trim
Here's what's included:
- 4 hours of videos with North U's Bill Gladstone
- 30 days unlimited on-demand access to this course
- Regular price for the upwind sail trim course is $80
- Best Deal! Purchase the North U Sail Trim Bundle, which includes unlimited access to this upwind course + two downwind courses, for only $145 (save $15)
ASA Member Discount:
- SAVE 25% ASA Members can purchase the North U Sail Trim Bundle for only $120 (regular price $160)
Note: This is based on a LIVE webinar hosted by NorthU in May, 2020